I've never been able to access 0xf0000000 range using
!db on local debug, and I've tried
!db -m 00000000`fffffff0 and
!db [uc] 00000000`fffffff0. I only get
Physical memory read at fffffff0 failed. It works fine on RwEverything. Any ideas?
Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers.Visit Stack Exchange
Reverse Engineering Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for researchers and developers who explore the principles of a system through analysis of its structure, function, and operation. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
[uc]works perfectly fine for me. Using a kdnet connection to a Windows 10 VM.
kd -klon my local machine, neither work. On my local machine however, RwEverything works fine for this purpose -- but I like to understand why it's not working
!db [uc] 00000000`fffffff0which didn't work at that time because I was on bootmgr (so it couldnt read past 4GiB). I tried it again on WinDbg with
!db [uc] 00000000`ffffff00and it worked). This however does not work on
kd -klno matter what, which is a shame because I'm more interested in my own hardware -- RwEverything is what I have to use