I'm writing a python script for IDA to automate the deobfuscation of a binary.
After patching with a jmp instruction ida provides the following disassembly:
.text:008FD01E jmp dword_502264+5A5DA0h
rather than showing "jmp loc_..."
If I apply the patch to the input file and renalyze it, the reference is recognized correctly. I tried to use add_cref with no success: it creates the loc_ at the target address but the reference is not present in the operand of the jmp.
I need the correct operand because without it the basic blocks are not connected in the graph view. Moreover this data reference may be confusing.
Edit: I realized that if I add the cross reference once the function is already defined I can see the connection between the basic blocks, but the operand is still wrong