I'm having trouble getting GHIDRA to load symbols for a Microsoft EXE from an accompanying DBG file. Perhaps I'm just overlooking some obvious documentation in which case a focussed link would be much appreciated.
Things I've tried:
- Having both "foo.exe" and "foo.dbg" in the same directory and importing "foo.exe" and auto-analyzing it with defaults.
- After importing "foo.exe", using "Add to Program" in the CodeBrowser and added "foo.dbg" explicitly. That suceeds with no errors, but I still can't find the symbols in the "Symbol Tree".
Using GHIDRA 9.0.4 installed on Fedora-30 (via ZIP file).
The EXE is a Delphi-7 EXE built under WinXP (32 bit) with a MAP file and full TD32 debug in the EXE itself. I created the DBG file using map2dbg. This is very old, very crusty stuff. I'm going to create a separate question on how to load symbols from a custom file (I've seen references but sadly cannot find those menu action in my IDE).
In case this really is a dead end I added a related question.