I wanted to make some Tinder tools, and found some already made APIs. I would like go through the process of discovering this private API by myself, since most of the articles are a bit out of date.
- I set up mitmproxy to sniff the API, but unfortunately, I couldn't catch any responses beside the tunneling.
- I understood that there was some certificate pinning happening.
- I downloaded the lastest version of APK Tools (2.2.4).
- I am using Oracle Java 8 JDK on a Ubuntu 16.04 VM.
My issue is the following :
- I disassemble the tinder.apk with APK Tools.
- I reassemble it (without any modifications):
First thing I notice is that filesize from original and the crafted one is different while no modifications were made When I install my new version of Tinder, I can't login to the app.
Constraint : I can't use a SSL killer on my phone because of security issues that are implied.
Is APK Tools a good tool? Is there another way?