What topics can I ask about here?
Reverse Engineering Stack Exchange is for researchers and developers who explore the principles of a system through analysis of its structure, function, and operation.
If you have a question about ...
- software analysis (static or dynamic)
- disassembly or decompilation
- hardware analysis and testing
- tools commonly used for reverse engineering hardware or software
- deterring reverse engineering efforts
and it is not about ...
- performance evaluation
- performance testing software
- forward engineering (hardware construction, software creation)
- bug hunting (debugging) during software development
… then you’re in the right place to ask your question!
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Reverse Engineering Stack Exchange, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. If no site currently exists that will accept your question, you may commit to or propose a new site at Area 51, the place where new Stack Exchange communities are democratically created.
For more help, see "What types of questions should I avoid asking?"